Help support my photography a lot! ($12.70)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Lightroom Experiment #3

This is the shot as it came out of the camera. I believe the settings on this shot
were 3.5, 1/80th, 18mm on a 1.6 sensor. To see how much better this looked
after an application of Lightroom scroll to the edited photo at the bottom.


This is another of the shots I had left over from the Mudqueens bout at the Viaduct Theater.
The lighting was pretty irregular so I've taken the poor man's way out by converting them to B&W.
Conversion of this shot began with my taking one of the B&W presets from Lightroom and then tweaking the curves and using the brush tool to bring out the banner in the backround.
Three things limited the quality of this shot -
1) I am still just learning Lightroom so my useage is pretty basic at best.
2) The shot was edited in just 10 minutes.
3) The editing was done on a laptop. Thus, the light/dark balance will be off. Also, the monitor needs to be color calibrated.
This edit took less than 15 minutes, and yes, I know it shows it. It is far
from great, but compared to the unedited shot is it a vast improvement.
You can actually see the banner and the wrestlers pop out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment