Help support my photography a lot! ($12.70)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lightroom Experiment #4 - "The will to edit...

is the will to over edit." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

While this original shot is too flat and lacks contrast, it is not all that bad.
Still, it could use some more contrast and other basic improvements.
Ok, Nietzsche never said that. However, if he had been a photographer - or if he had ever seen this photo edit - he could well have.

The other shots I have posted in the Lightroom Experiments have been from stage shows or events. Normally, they have been shot in out of control conditions under the crappiest of lighting in the most chaotic conditions. 

So let's try something different - a controlled shot.

This edit has some stuff going for it. But it suffers from being overdone.
The increased contrast and darker tone has been pushed too far.
I'll be re editing it tonight.
The technical notes and all are with the pictures in Flickr, so I won't go over them again. Suffice it to say that I feel the after shot has too much "bad goth" going on with it. But the final determination will wait till I get home and see it on a real monitor. I will be re editing it tonight, along with another of one more barrista who wants her photo taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment