Help support my photography a lot! ($12.70)

Monday, May 23, 2011

an evening at the Tripoli...


It's rare that I get to attend any belly dance event  for pure enjoyment. Almost every time I do it to shoot picture after picture. And most evenings I walk away with anywhere between 1500 and 2000 shots. When I do that, it is mostly for me. It's fun to see what you can get, how well you can capture a moment and all.


But this past Saturday it was enjoyment time in Milwaukee at the 8th Annual Middle Eastern Dance. This is a yearly shindig, sort of a shimmy into summer event, put together by Samantha Fairuz and Denise. It's hosted at he Tripoli Shrine Center in Milwaukee, a really fantastic venue for this type event.


Through a Facebook post, I was told I could bring my camera, which I did.  But rather than shooting every dancer, I shot only those who gave permission ahead of time - that meant three acts only.


Anyhow, rather than stressing shots, I sat in my chair, took a few pictures from where I was seated and enjoyed the show. What you see here is a sampling of the few shots from the evening, all quick edited. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. These are great Mike. They show the enjoyment on the dancers faces. I love the flappers.

    ReplyDelete