Help support my photography a lot! ($12.70)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

At the Elbo Room


Took a road trip from K-Town to the depths of Chicago last night. Our goal? to hit a little bar on Lincoln Avenue called The Elbo Room. Why? To see one of our fave local bands, Donoma.

Donoma is a one of our fave bands over at Salon Uptown and at Drink and Draw. When we're having a show and they're free the gang is always happy to come over and donate their time to our patrons, doing a set or two to the delight of all the art goers.


Donoma was signed last night (4-27-10) to play The Elbo Room. They played a quick one hour set, along with three other bands hired to do the same. They played from 10-11. A few of us from Kenosha made the trek up to check them out.

You know, ya got ta represent K-Town.


While my passenger and I did not stay to see the final band, we did get a chance to see the last half hour of the second set, done by an Indiana Metal band called Denyal.

Kyle - another Wisconsinite - and I were talking after their set. "You know," said my Jam-Band fanatical friend, "I don't normally like Metal, but I would see these guys again."


My thoughts exactly, Kyle. My thoughts exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment