Help support my photography a lot! ($12.70)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Be Exposed, number 9. number 9. number 9...

I'm not the creative type. That simply is not my interest or strength in photography. Nope, color me the photo-anthropologist – give me slices of life, experiential oddities, public gatherings and quiet, dark interiors where people gather simply to be. 



Third Friday of each month over at Carolyn's Coffee Connection you can find the Be Exposed series. On this one night a month local artists and performers get a chance to talk, show, play, or sing what they do. Musicians, actors, poets, fiction writers and the occasional psychotherapist – they all take to the stage and show their stuff in a dimly lit room chock full of audience.




The dark room filled with people is where I come in.



 
Shooting in room with vast lighting extremes – from thick blackness to stark white under the spots – can be infuriating. But after you have spent some time doing it it's really more fun than frustrating. Your job then as a photographer is to take the raw lighting conditions and whittle them into something enjoyable, pretty or - on occasion – beautifully nostalgic.



But so much for my yammering. Check out the pictures if you will. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment